A few weeks ago, Nashville made world headlines when a small plane crashed (and the pilot was killed) and wasn't discovered on the runway for 6 hours. Only when the extremely dense fog lifted did someone see the wreckage (that was a mile away from the tower).
It was already strange:
- The plane landed in the worst fog we've seen in a long time. Almost no plane could fly, much less land in that dense fog.
- The pilot turned off the transponder that tells air trafic control who and where he is.
- The pilot never got on the radio to communicate with anyone.
- The pilot flew from Canada and had a filed a fake flight plan that said he was flying somewhere else in Canada.
- He rented the plane.
So people speculated:
- Was on the run from the law?
- Was he smuggling something?
- Was he a terrorist?
Well. It turns out he just might have been a Taylor Swift stalker. Local news outlets are reporting he listed Taylor Swift as his next of kin. Taylor's people say she has no connection to the man.